lørdag 15. oktober 2011

Home sick...

Phew! Yesterday we had one of our compulsory activities at school - a discussion on the oppression of women and minorities, feminism and the politics for equality... a mouthful to say the least! I can't really say I had any new revelations or hear any new arguments as such.. but I was actually a little surprised - in lack of a better word - that everyone in the group, with a majority of girls, were against gender quotation in the employment market; at least in the long run.

My mommy and me
When reading up on feminism the past week, I've kinda been missing home -hearing my mom and brother in my head all week have just triggered the home-sick bone. Good thing I'm going home on Tuesday for a week!

Won't see my mom and step dad 'till Christmas though... but I've gotten pretty used to it, living away from home - you never know when they go off around the world, so even when I go home I may just as well not see them.
My mom and grandma
However I'm sure I'll be busy enough,
getting around to friends, my dad's house and the kids, grandma, etc.. Time never seems to stretch enough when I'm home; especially when I have to get some studying in as well.. It'll be a full program as usual -Yay!

3 kommentarer:

  1. AAAw. Good luck on that Honey! You know where you stand. And Yes! We hooope it won't be necessary in the long long run, but surtenly see it as a tool to get women in the places they should participate for now! It's a good and wanted thing for society to have a female impact on important decisions, since society for centuries has been formed by men and for male power structures!Love, Mum

    SvarSlett
  2. + I think Wade,stepdad, will pop over to the two of you in Nov, when I am in Paris with Chris.. xxx mum

    SvarSlett
  3. All well and good, but I'll be in Sweeden :p

    SvarSlett